Tuesday 6 March 2012

Change - Do You Know How to Adapt?

The only thing that is constant in our world is change.  Do you resist change, or are you able to go with the flow?

I am somewhere in the middle I would say.  I can make up my mind to do something and at times depending on how badly I want it to happen, I can get very frustrated when it doesn't go the way I wanted it to.

So I am learning to allow life to flow through me.  There are more people involved in my activities through my day than I realize and I believe we all tend to forget this important fact.  It is all about those ripples that go out from our actions throughout our day.  Those ripples involve our children, spouses, co-workers and yes even strangers.  We are so focused on ourselves as individuals in this world that I think we can easily forget about a bigger picture.

I am learning to trust in a bigger picture so that when my plans are changed, I am learning there must be something better coming my way.  I am seeing as I learn to trust more that it always works out,  and it works even better when I just let go of the result but still keep in my mind what I want.  I know what I want more of in my life, as I have gotten very clear about what I need.  What I want is to enjoy life, be joyful, and have ease in everything I do.

I will give you a recent example of letting go.  There were a few girls planning a surprise "40th" birthday party for a friend of mine.  I was told it was going to be at a spa, and it was going to be a group massage.  My mind was curious on how this would work, and to be honest I wasn't sure I wanted to take part.  Would we be chatting and visiting while trying to enjoy a relaxing massage?  I couldn't get my mind to understand how this would be enjoyable!  All that I knew was that when I have a massage, I need to close my eyes, so that I can relax and enjoy the process.  I always try to be mindful that I am present and aware of what is taking place within my body.

I was open to the experience because it was being presented to me.  Then I got an email saying that there was no room for me, but I could use the steam room while the rest of the group participated.  I was completely fine with it, in fact I think I was relieved.  I thought it would be good for me to take some time to myself as it must be what I needed, and maybe I could just meditate and relax in the steam room.  I was completely open to the whole experience.  It would be what it was meant to be.

While we were waiting to all meet in my girlfriends driveway to surprise her the organizer of this events phone rang.  It was the spa calling and they told her there was an opening.  I was in!  My thoughts came back to - do I want to do this?  But again I assured myself that everything happens for a reason, and that I would welcome the experience!  I am so glad I did, it was the most amazing experience I have had yet in a spa, it was beyond what I could have imagined it to be, and I got to share it with some amazing people.  Yes it was relaxing, there was a perfect balance of chatting in between the process and quiet time while enjoying our massage.  I am so thankful to all who took part and for the experience itself.  It was divine!

Exercise

Take a few deep breaths and relax your body.  Be aware of any tension or resistance.  How are you feeling in this very moment?  Are you allowing your day to flow through you, or are you resisting it? If you feel you are resisting it, it means you are unsure and unhappy with what is taking place.  Remember we don't always have the answers or understand the bigger picture of what is taking place.  So allow yourself to just acknowledge this resistance.  Say yes to it, it is there and you are feeling it.  Now relax your body and let it go.  Trust that even if the day isn't going how you planned, there must be something better trying to make it's way to you.  So relax, let go and trust.  Let all the tension go, because tension blocks the flow of what life is trying to give to you.  Do this several times in your day.  Schedule it if you need to.  It only takes a few minutes to do...  So allow your day to unfold, let go of your resistance to it, and see how magical it can be!

Thanks again for reading with me today, and please share this on Facebook or email!  You can also choose to click on Follow at the top of my blog!

Do a good deed for someone and share this with the first person you think of.  Trust that this is something they needed in their day too,  you have lots to gain as you may have just helped them create a magical day too!


No comments:

Post a Comment