Tuesday 10 April 2012

What is Right for You?

What I know today is that too many people torture themselves trying to do what they think everyone else wants them to do, instead of what is right for them!  As I go through this process of change and transformation with my blogging and on-line business, I find it quite terrifying!  I find myself letting go of old beliefs and letting go of my old way of doing things.  Through this process if you want different results in your life you must do things that you have never done before.

I find myself wanting to do things that other people want and realize that I am too focused on what people want from me.  What I am quickly realizing is that I need to do what I WANT to do, and the rest will take are of itself.  I was brought up with high expectations and therefore never want to do anything unless it is perfect.  What I have realized is that my life is passing me by because I am waiting for it all to be perfect before I get started.  Well, if I wait until it is all perfect, it will never happen will it?

Fear has been holding me in it's grip!  I now realize that waiting for perfection is a backward approach, and have realized that I need to just start doing what I do, and the rest will start to play out.  It doesn't have to be perfect, as long as I just get started.  I have too many things to share with others, things that I have learned through studying what I love.  If things go in a direction I don't want them to I can always course correct!

The other thing I need to remember is that it is ok to make mistakes!  We learn from our mistakes and sometimes mistakes take us down an unexpected path to something bigger than we ever dreamed of!

No matter what you have going on in your life, take a good look within.  What do you want?  What feels right for you and where you are at?  Let go of what others are expecting of you, or wanting from you.  What do you need to do to feed yourself and nurture yourself on the deepest levels?

Do you feel depleted?  If you answered yes, you have been acting for others instead of taking care of your needs.  It is time to change that old mindset.  No one else can do it but you!  Only you know on the deepest levels what you are needing at this time.  So give yourself a gift today and start listening.  What do you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment